- Modular structure - custom modules for sites can be enabled/disabled, added/removed and updated separately, without updating or disabling the plugin itself.
- Embeds automatically videos and music from different sites in posts.
- The plugin recognizes the posted URL and shows the videos/audios. You don't need to insert any MyCode.
- Implements the oEmbed API through Embera library (default)
- Embed.ly (supports over 250 providers) can be used with a valid API Key.
- Can be enabled/disabled in ACP
- Can be disabled for guests only
- Can be disabled for certain usergroups
- Can be enabled for certain forums only
- Embedding be disabled by using MyCode tags [amoff]URL[/amoff]
- Embedding be disabled for signatures (default)
- Embedding can be disabled in quotes (new)
- Codebuttons for MyCode can be displayed in editor below textbox.
- Every user can enable/disable embedding in User CP
- Embeds videos and music from dozens of different sites
- Documentation available from plugin overview in ACP
- New audio playlist MyCode (v3.1.0) [amplist][source]URL1.mp3[/source][source]URL2.mp3[/source][source]URL3.mp3[/source][/amplist]
- (v3.1.3) Embedding of audio and video attachments, if the attachment is inserted into the post (e.g. [attachment=123])
- Many code optimizations
- HTML elements moved from plugin files to templates
- Consistent use of language strings
- Several aettings in ACP added and replaced (hence a new installation is required when upgrading).
- Use of oEmbed API for embedding - embed codes stay up to date
- Embed.ly service can be used with valid API Key
- HTML5 Mediaelement player with Flowplayer as flash fallback
- The Embera library (activated by default) currently supports over 65 providers.
- The Embed.ly service currently supports over 250 providers (API Key required).
- Additionally 12 different adult video sites (disabled by default) are supported.
- Supported file types:
# MP3/M4A/WAV/OGG audio and MP3 Playlist
# MP4/M4V/MP4V/OGV/WEBM video
# FLV Flash video
# SWF Flash
# DivX video
# AVI video
# MKV video
# MOV Quicktime video
# RM/RAM/SMIL/RV/RPM Real media
# WMV/WMA Windows media
# MPG/MPEG video
- Please note that you need to have all necessary plugins/addons installed in your webbrowser to embed all media file types!
- Upload the plugin to your forum root (ensuring the folder structure is followed).
(For additional languages you have to upload the language files too.)
- Go to your "AdminCP Configuration - Plugins" and click "Install & Activate" behind "AutoMedia".
- After activation you'll find a new settinggroup "AutoMedia Global" in "ACP - Configuration - Settings".
Here you can generally enable/disable embedding without losing your settings.
You can also disable embedding only for guests or for other usergroup(s) as well.
Embedding can be enabled for certain forums only here too.
Embedding of adult videos can be enabled (disabled by default)
Permissions for adult videos can be set by usergroups and forums
Embedding can be disabled in signatures (default)
Permissions for embedding of flash files (admins only)(admins, supermods, mods)(all users)
Max. width and height of embedded files
Embera oEmbed library can be (de)activated
Embed.ly oEmbed service can be activated and API Key can be inserted
Codebuttons can be enabled/disabled for MyCode
Embedding can be disabled in quotes
- In "ACP - Tools & Maintenance" a new menu item "AutoMedia" is added, where you can view and manage the installed modules for all supportes sites and file types.
You can enable/disable embedding for every single mediasite and file type. (all are enabled by default)
- The plugin adds in "User CP" a new menu item "AutoMedia." In "AutoMedia" you'll find radio buttons. Every user can set whether he wants embedding enabled (Yes (default)) or disabled (No). If he chooses "No" he will only see the links in posts instead the embedded videos/audios.
- All done.
- Upload the complete content of the Upload folder into your forum home directory and overwrite the existing files.
- In ACP -> Configuration -> Plugins deactivate AutoMedia and activate it again.
- In ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> run Find Updated Templates. If there are any automedia templates listed, revert them (and possibly reinsert your own code.)
- All done
- Deinstall the old AutoMedia plugin
- Upload the plugin to your forum root (ensuring the folder structure is followed) and overwrite the existing plugin files. For additional languages you have to upload new language files too.
- see "Install" beginning with #2.
- All done
- If cURL and fsockopen aren't supported on your server video/audio from most sites can't be embedded.
AutoMedia plugin for MyBB
Copyright (C) doylecc, 2009-
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, visit GNU General Public License for more information.