- Users can join groups by select box or doing a quiz.
- Of course, this plugin is particularly suited for forums and RPGs that are addressing the world of Harry Potter, since it's idea is based on the HP sorting hat ceremony.
- But it can also be used for forums with any other topic though, since it's highly customable.
- The quiz can be adjusted to any other topic by editing the files questions.xml and answers.xml.
- A setting can replace all terms referring to Harry Potter by general terms.
- The quiz can be deactivated with the "Direct Group Selection Only" setting.
- New users can be redirected to the sorting page after registration.
- All users can be forced to join one of the selected groups.
- Between 2 and 4 groups can be set for joining (If "Direct Group Selection Only" is enabled there is no limitation of available groups in ACP).
- Users can be allowed/denied to change the selected group afterwards.
- It can be made a requirement to answer all questions to get the quiz result.
- If the quiz result is inconclusive, the user can select between the groups with the highest (but equal) points.
- Upload the plugin to your forum root (ensuring the folder structure is followed).
- Go to your "Admin-CP: Configuration - Plugins" and click "Install & Activate" behind "House Sorting"
- All done
- not available
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.